Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear Wheel ABS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rear Wheel ABS Sensor

Ok my question here is I am working on a 1999 T/A that was originally supplied without traction control. I am getting a ABS light and code. I have contacted G.M. about a replacement. I have googled the P/N which is 10456115 and it lists it for a couple of different gear ratios. Does anyone know if it is the same for all gear ratios? The brakes pull hard to one side and the light is on. We have replaced all brakes, calipers, and installed new stainless steel brake lines. we have bleed the brakes petal is very firm. The hard pulling was the original problem before any new parts were installed.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The sensor for the abs only models is the same for all gear ratios. There is a difference in the reluctor ring however.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the two fuses for abs to test to see if it still pulls...and to prevent having an accident from the abs trying to kick in until you get it fixed. Light will be on, but abs wont try and kick in. GL and be careful.

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel ABS Sensor