Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Marking driveshaft to yoke?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Marking driveshaft to yoke?

Hey everybody im about to swap a rear end from a 99 camaro to my 94 camaro and was wondering if i should mark the rear end at the place where it meets the pinion yoke before i remove it? Ive heard that i could get a bad vibration if i dont install it the way it came off? I plan on using my stock driveshaft so i dont know if i should even mark it as i wont be using the driveshaft from the car. I hope you all can unsderstand what i am saying. Thanks for reading
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Different setup so it doesnt matter imo. No way to tell. If it vibes, check the pinion angle. If it still vibes then clock the shaft. GL.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Launching!

So your saying i should just not worry about it and just dissasemble the old rear and install like that? Nothing major will happen to my car?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I have never heard of this, doesn't seem logical. I would not worry about it.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by elis94camaro
So your saying i should just not worry about it and just dissasemble the old rear and install like that? Nothing major will happen to my car?
No problems man, itll be fine...you would need to screw up way worse than ds orientation to do anything half of "major". It WILL be fine, if it vibes itll be pinion angle. I think they put that note in all Haynes manuals as a precaution...ive never bothered.

Quick Reply: Marking driveshaft to yoke?