Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

vibration upon deceleration

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration upon deceleration

I have a 2002 trans am. Stock rear end lowered with a prokit. When I am driving, anytime I let off the accelerator I get a womp womp womp sound from the rear end. Has done it since I bought it. Any ideas what it could be?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyWS6
I have a 2002 trans am. Stock rear end lowered with a prokit. When I am driving, anytime I let off the accelerator I get a womp womp womp sound from the rear end. Has done it since I bought it. Any ideas what it could be?
Does it have the factory torque arm? If it does, they are prone to bending approx six inches in front of the rear end.
Broken transmission mounts can also do this when you let off the gas, and it's not always easy to tell where the sound is actually coming from. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Mine did this when I bought it. Turned out to be one of the bolt holes where the cross member bolts to the trans was stripped
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I know I posted this a while back but I just now saw the replies... Does anyone have a picture of a bent factory torque arm? So I know what Im looking for. I need to get the car on the lift so is there anything else I need to look for while Ive got it in the air?

Quick Reply: vibration upon deceleration