Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

im getting an 8.8" need help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up im getting an 8.8" need help.

so to let you guys and gals in on some back ground... i got dyno tuned on sunday. i took her out on my maden voyage and killed my clutch. basicly fell apart while driving it. i obviously need a new clutch, but i feel like i need a rear end now. i dont want to brake down in bumb **** nowhere and have to tow the car home. i think i need to get an 8.8" beacuse of my new power. this seems like the best deal. so i need opinions on what to upgrade from the basic pkg. main questions is what carrier should i get, and should i upgrade the yoke. ill be getting the relo brackets for sure. do i need the girdle? help. thanks!

For the basic package you get your choice of any ratio ring and pinion available for an 8.8" housing. Also included is your choice of posi unit "Eaton HD, Auburn, or Torsen carriers" Moser 31 spline axles with 3"x 1/2" x20 studs (stock length is also available if requested), a new 1330 yoke and of course all new seals and bearings. We also include a conversion u-joint. This axle is completely compatible with any 4 channel ABS system, we also have a 3 channel version now. The basic price also includes bolt in axles, required for cars running faster than 11.99 in the 1/4 mile or 7.50 in the 1/8.

We also offer several different options:

If you opt not to use the ABS system you can deduct $100.

If you do not want bolt in axles then deduct $150

Detroit locker for $250

1350 yoke $115

T/A girdle (highly recommended) $150

Stud kit for main caps $25

And our laser cut lower control arm relocation brackets for $100
Old 05-18-2004, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get everything with a spool it'll be just over 2000 bux. and you'll never have to worry about anything.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

The eaton is the best choice for street cars..
the locker is'nt for everybody, auburn is not rebuildable, torsen is more suited to road race.
get the bolt in axles..uses 9in bearings besides the c-clip eliminators the 9in bearings are bigger than stock 8.8 stuff i.e stonger.
the h.d yoke, studs, and girdle are wise choices if you are planning to abuse it often(it's just for show, honest )
i'll leave the brackets up to you.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Launching!

right on. i was leaning tward the eaton. ill get the bolt in axels. i wont abuse the rear very much at all, actually. its going to be 99% daily driver. only time i get on it is getting on the freeway or something like that. i dont do clutch dumps at every stop light. infact, i never do clutch dumps. might take it to the track now and then.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

i want one soooooo bad. thats what im going with. they seem to hold up to alot of abuse.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Launching!

i just talked to craig. nice guy. we got something worked out for my daily driver. im exited.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Going with this rear also. Sounds like it's a quality piece.