Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

HELP!! Axles question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation HELP!! Axles question!

2002 Camaro Z28 6 Speed. No traction control, so my guess is it's a 3 channel ABS.

Here's the issue:

I bought hub and wheel centric wheel adapters to push my wheels out to be flush with the fender (wheels are a 57mm offset). Rear passenger installation went smooth. Move over to the driver side and take the wheel off and notice it has aftermarket wheel studs (no big deal).

I try to put the wheel adapter on and it doesn't fit into the wheel hub. The hub on the axle is literally a tiny bit bigger than the adapter opening and looks a little different than the passenger side. I then realize that there is a sensor plug on the backing plate but no wire to connect to it. My guess is previous owner replaced the driver side rear axle.

If it has a sensor on the backing plate it means it came from a 4 channel ABS car correct? Were the 4 channel axle wheel hubs slightly bigger than the 3 channel ones? I'm just trying to figure out why the damn wheel adapter won't fit over it!!
Old 04-25-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any input? Replacing the axles and backing plate on the driver side should fix the problem right?
This forum ain't what it used to be unfortunately, any help is appreciated!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

No, they are no different on the hub side. Last time I looked at stock axles they were kinda gritty looking so depending on how bad it doesn't fit I would try to clean it, sand it etc It may just have an excess amount of built up crud on it preventing it from going on correctly.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Axles question!