Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bad rear replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad rear replacement

Sup guys. Posted here before about my rear going, and its been a cluster **** since. Have a shitty mechanic i no longer deal with, who after swapping in two other bad rears, finally got one put in that almost seemed to work.

02 ws6 with an a4, no traction control, and what i believe to be the stock 3.23 rear. I had a "new" one put in (rebuilt by some company and sent to my mechanic) because the axle housing was apparently bent on my original one and couldnt be put back in. Its a stock 10 bolt, and this thing is a god damn nightmare. The rear cover is bent to ****, drivers axle seal is bad and leaking, feels like it slips and is just all over the place. They even threw away my damn sway bar because theyre so ignorant. The huge problem im having right now is my brakes. My low trac light keeps coming on randomly through any type of driving when i brake, and they just go to the floor and i feel the abs jibbing around. This all started with this new rear, and being my only car, this is really dangerous right now.

Any idea what could be causing the brake failure? Had the system fully bled twice, speed sensors checked all around and they all match perfectly, everything seems to be working, but they randomly keep failing... not really sure where to go with this really anymore outside of trying to get my money back and buy a whole new one and try to have someone else put it in. Ive had the car only since may and i havent been able to enjoy it for 3 months because of this rear bullcrap

Convinced everything going wrong right now is because of this cheap *** rear and how they probably didnt put it in the right way or some nonsense.

Quick Reply: Bad rear replacement