Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Narrowed 9" Minimum Width

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowed 9" Minimum Width

So I've been searching for a while now and haven't been able to find a real answer...

How narrow can you go on each side before you start impacting things like LCA mounts? I've seen a few posts with people talking about going 3" per side, but I don't know if I've seen any more than that. I'm looking at a 15x10" wheel with 3.5" bs which by my math puts me right around needing to be 4" narrowed per side. Is this doable without impacting stock mounting points?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On a Moser rearend it will only be 3.0-3.5" off each. The Strange rearends can go 4.0-4.5. The MWC 9" rear can go up to 5.5 off each side.

The 15x10 wheel with 3.5 BS will usually go on a rearend that is -4.0-4.5 off each depending on the look you are after.

Give us a call, we can help you with the rearend and wheels both!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know if I necessarily need to go with that backspacing, but I really like the look of a deep wheel. I'll be giving you guys a call once I get the funds lined up. I've definitely got more questions, but I know everyone is busy and I'd rather not take up too much of anyone's time on the phone until I'm closer to committing. (Especially when there's so much info out there just a search or two away)

Quick Reply: Narrowed 9" Minimum Width