Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

need help with 3ch and 4 ch

Old 01-27-2016, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need help with 3ch and 4 ch

so my car is originally a 4 channel car with tcs and abs. when i bought my 9 inch i still had tcs. so i have 4 channel rings put on the axles. since then i have taken out cruise control and the big tcs box in the front driver side bumper so i always have tcs off. but i still have abs. my question is do i keep the 4 channel rings or do i need to change to 3 channel. i dont want any abs light on.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

How do you know you still have ABS ?
It is my understanding that on a 4 channel system(ABS & TC),The ABS & TC work off the same components and that disabling one disables the other. The 3 channel hydraulics and electronics are totally different from the 4 channel hydraulics and electronics.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
How do you know you still have ABS ?
It is my understanding that on a 4 channel system(ABS & TC),The ABS & TC work off the same components and that disabling one disables the other. The 3 channel hydraulics and electronics are totally different from the 4 channel hydraulics and electronics.
i am unaware if i still have abs. i thought id have to remove the abs to loose it. if that is the case that once i remove the tcs then i loose abs to then i might as well delete the abs block. this is the reason for my post is to ask questions about what i have. and if i need to switch my 4 channel reluctor rings when i put my 9 inch back together. does anybody have any more insight on this?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump... Can anyone help out with this situation
Old 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SStressin
so my car is originally a 4 channel car with tcs and abs. when i bought my 9 inch i still had tcs. so i have 4 channel rings put on the axles. since then i have taken out cruise control and the big tcs box in the front driver side bumper so i always have tcs off. but i still have abs. my question is do i keep the 4 channel rings or do i need to change to 3 channel. i dont want any abs light on.
It is not easy to convert a 4 channel car to a 3 channel, as the electronics (EBCM) are different. The easiest thing to do is to remove the ABS bulb. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-31-2016, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
It is not easy to convert a 4 channel car to a 3 channel, as the electronics (EBCM) are different. The easiest thing to do is to remove the ABS bulb. Bob
So i keep my 4 channel reluctor rings as is. Do i have abs currently that i took out traction control? If i lost abs doing that i might as well do the abs delete kit. Just want to make sure i dont have to change my reluctor rings before i get my center section back
Old 01-31-2016, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SStressin
So i keep my 4 channel reluctor rings as is. Do i have abs currently that i took out traction control? If i lost abs doing that i might as well do the abs delete kit. Just want to make sure i dont have to change my reluctor rings before i get my center section back
You can keep the rings on there, they won't hurt anything. You won't have ABS without the traction control being hooked up, you're back to old school brakes. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with 3ch and 4 ch