Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ANOTHER QP 9" rear question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ANOTHER QP 9" rear question

Does anyone have any first hand experience with a quick performance 9" rear using a midwest chassis adj. torque arm? (this one) http://midwestchassis.com/products/9...unt-torque-arm
Would the QP rear torque arm bracket have to be purchased as well, and would it work for this torque arm?
Old 05-11-2017, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I know ours works with it. I have many customers running our arms with the QP setup. There is some modification that can be done to both our arm and to the QP bracket to gain a large amount of clearance and fit your stock tunnel without hammer modding it. I have pics illustrating this sent to me by a customer that I supply to anyone who runs a Quick rear and who buys one of our arms

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the torque arm you want to use if you have a quick performance 9'' http://midwestchassis.com/products/m...piece-race-arm
Old 05-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
This is the torque arm you want to use if you have a quick performance 9'' http://midwestchassis.com/products/m...piece-race-arm
unlike the one in the link i posted, the two piece race arm does not come with the cross member, correct? i would have to purchase cross member as well?
Old 05-12-2017, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by rsrevil347
unlike the one in the link i posted, the two piece race arm does not come with the cross member, correct? i would have to purchase cross member as well?
Correct. However there is a little work involved with using our race arm with the QP rearend but I can tell you from first hand experience do not waste your time modifying a stock style torque arm to fit their rear end so it doesn't beat off the floor.

Theirs like any cast nine inch has a problem with moving the torque arm a minimum of a half inch toward the drivers side to make room to clear the yoke. Doing this means the torque arm beats off the floor board and no amount of modification can stop this because of their bracket onto a bracket system.

We just had a car in the shop in attempt to fix this problem for them and the only solution was to purchase our two piece race arm and have us modify the mounts to work or cut the floor out to give room. They chose to cut the floor out. The minimal amount that you can take off of a torque arm bracket is not enough room. They didn't have our stock style torque arm to begin with but like stating above it doesn't matter the torque arm.

We probably sell 6-7 a year two piece race arms for this exact reason. It is almost easier to choose a different rear end.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER QP 9" rear question