Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Auburn Posi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auburn Posi?

I think my Auburn posi unit is going bad so my question is if I bought a new replacement Auburn unit can I just swap them out and be done with it? Gears are set up real good and didn't know if I would have to reset them are not.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

There is no one answer, they may set up the same, and they may not. you would at least want to check your back lash, pinion depth/height should be fine. Also, Auburn has some sort of exchange program where they will give you a new unit for $85.00 providing your old one is less than a certain age. They did this to combat Eatons advantage that they are rebuildable, so Auburn decided instead of offering a rebuild kit they would just offer an exchange policy. Check it out.
Originally Posted by redNATA
I think my Auburn posi unit is going bad so my question is if I bought a new replacement Auburn unit can I just swap them out and be done with it? Gears are set up real good and didn't know if I would have to reset them are not.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check into that!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:08 AM
On The Tree

I think I'll try that also.

When mine goes out...