Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Got slicks, need to program computer

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got slicks, need to program computer

I just got slicks, and now whenever I get on the freeway, my ABS and brake lights come on. No big deal... but when I dragrace, the computer doesn't turn off the ABS right away. As I try to get slowed at the end, the ABS tries to compensate and it ends up getting either squirly or barely slowing down... Itz downright SCARY

I got 26 x 11.5 slicks, on 16 inch rims. I told the Hypertech I had 26 inch tall tires, and the stock gears... 3.42. Is that right, or am I supposed to measure the actual diameter.

They are MT ET Streets, and I leave them on the car... I don't really drive it that much.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:36 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Got slicks, need to program computer

Just a little FYI for you...

Driving around on ET streets is definately not something I would recommend. Concrete will wear those tires slap out before you can blink an eye. You are also begging for an accident if you ever get caught in the rain. Slicks can and will cause you to wreck in the rain.

I would highly suggest putting your stock wheels/tires back on, and using these for racing purposes only.

Josh
Old 12-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Well, you have other issues. I have 26x11.5x16 ET streets on 16" TA takeoffs and they have never caused a problem on the street or the track. I never had to do any programming for them at all. I have the stock gears also (3.42). You may have some other issues that need to be worked out. Maybe a bad ABS sensor.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

You are freaking out the ABS. When I had my 16" twisted 5's with Nittos on the back, and 2 space savers up front, to get my wheels painted, it would trip the ABS inop setting. The difference in the 2 tire heights from front to back is the problem.