Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3 channel to 4 question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005 | 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default 3 channel to 4 question.

I have a 3 channel rear in the car right now but I purchased a 4 channel (because of the good price and it was close by for pick-up). Is there any way that I can keep my abs without major mods or should I just forget about it? I dont have t/c but when I was taking the dash apart there are wires for it there is just no switch.
Is it possible that I can get the wiring harness for the 4 channel and run that to the plates. I also noticed that the wire to the 3 channel only has 2 wires but the receptical can take 4, are these just faulty prongs?
sorry im confusing myself im sure you guys probly dont understanad but if you do any help is appreciated.
Old 06-03-2005 | 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

All you will have is no ABS. I did the same thing and ended up pulling the fuses for the ABS. After that, you will have the ABS INOP and Brake lights illuminated in the dash. If you want your ABS, you will need a 3 channel rear end. I tried many different things to get the 4 channel rearend to work. They aren't capable since the ABS sensors are in different locations and function differently. Looks like you have a Moser to be installed or is that the rear end you are referring to?
Old 06-03-2005 | 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could just drill the necessary hole in the pumpkin, mount up your sensor, and put the reluctor ring or your whole 3 channel diff in the 4 channel housing.

Alternatively, you could pick up a cheap non-posi housing from someone (giveaway) and just put all the goodie in it ?
Old 06-03-2005 | 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then, you would have to mke sure the sensor is the right distance from the reluctor wheel.