Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Broken Driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Driveshaft

I have an interesting story. I was on my way back from fayeteville, arkansas to fort smith on interstate 540 saturday morning about 1am. About 4 miles from where it turns into I-40 my driveshaft completely broke off about 1ft from the transmission. It completely ripped apart and ripped itself out from the yoke in the rear. I dont think this is an issue with these cars but apparently something isnt right. I was going about 90 miles an hour actually slowing down since i was getting close to the main interstate. I am wondering if something might have been faulty on the driveshaft or what i do not know. I went to look for it and at that speed im glad nothing worse happened to my car, but i had no luck at finding the driveshaft. I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this happening or anything.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! Never heard of it happening like that before. Glad your car didn't catapult itself!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're M6 get a Denny's Nitrous you will never have to worry about a DS again. If you are A4 a good after market aluminum is fine.