Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Should i pick this up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i pick this up?

http://store.wpsracing.com/taperrearend.html

How much you think this will help with the stock 10 bolt? i wanna feel a little confident i will be able to drive my car home from the track when i go.

how hard is the install?

thakns
Old 06-23-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will help. I think you would be fine for about 375rwhp on drag radials. If you have a 6-speed you will be putting a lot more stress on it. It's really kind of hard to say for sure. There are a lot of variables. I'm pretty sure the install is straight forward and easy. There is a write-up on it somewhere around here.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the summit one and its a good investment. It's not going to keep the 10 bolt from exploding with sticky tires and a 5k launch but with normal to agressive driving it will hold up much better and it with also help with flex and causing leaks at the pinion seal. Its very easy to install it just like installing any rear end cover just you have the 2 bearing cap bolts that have to be torqued to 10 ft lbs(check your instruction for exact specs).
Old 06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the one from summit. It's cheaper, but just as strong. In terms of protection, all of the girdles with main cap support are going to be the same. You might as well go with the cheapest one. The mac is the same as the T/A girdle $50 cheaper when you factor in buying studs for the T/A, but has been on backorder for the last 8 weeks.