Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear allignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear allignment

Hi,

I was just recently in an accident were the rear of my car bounced off a curb and i had to replace a couple of things. After it was told to me the rear was properley alligned and the axle was straight, I still seem to notice my right tire sticks out a little more than my left tire on the rear of the car. Is this how it is supposed to be or is there something wrong?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-25-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

You might check your panhard bar, it might be bent slightly or you may have frame issues or it could be that the body molding (plastic) is slightly out of shape, making the tires appear to pertrude farther on one side.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Teching In

I had the car checked for frame damage and it was determined there was none, the panhard bar was bent during the accident but was replaced with another factory one. The plastic moldings also did not suffer any damage, I think I might have to buy an adjustable panhard bar to correct this.This is what ive heard from others, could this help me fix my problem?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chris5388
I had the car checked for frame damage and it was determined there was none, the panhard bar was bent during the accident but was replaced with another factory one. The plastic moldings also did not suffer any damage, I think I might have to buy an adjustable panhard bar to correct this.This is what ive heard from others, could this help me fix my problem?
Yes you can adjust it very easily. You may want to look at the attaching points for the bar to see if that's where the problem is.