Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How much for 9" installation???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much for 9" installation???

How much could a professional shop charge me for Ford 9" and a aftermarket driveshaft installation on a 2000 Camaro SS M6???
It will be a Moser housing, the center section will be built all ready and it will have 31 spline axels and a 4 channel ABS/TCS.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 AM
12 Second Club

I would think it would depend on if you give them the seperate pieces (CS, housing, axles...) or if its allready put together and the bearings are pressed on.

also, I wouldnt mention the driveshaft when you take it in, they might try to add some for that. really it comes off and on with the rear swap anyway, you just need to swap it when its off.

I dont know how much it would cost though
Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Super Sport Beast
How much could a professional shop charge me for Ford 9" and a aftermarket driveshaft installation on a 2000 Camaro SS M6???
It will be a Moser housing, the center section will be built all ready and it will have 31 spline axels and a 4 channel ABS/TCS.
Where are you located?

Whoever you have install it, be sure they check the gear pattern first. I got two different setups from Moser and they both whined like hell.

If they (Installer) have never done a 9" in a 4th gen before, be sure they press the reluctor rings on the axles before they install the backing plates, and install the bearings last.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys, will see what happens cuz I'm not sure If they've done it before, but If they didn't what else should I make'm awer of before they start working on it???
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had a local guy install mine, I paid around 100 bucks for it. It was installed in a little over 3 hours, and that was swapping my stock 10bolt for 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick's Moser 9".
Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Super Sport Beast
thanks guys, will see what happens cuz I'm not sure If they've done it before, but If they didn't what else should I make'm awere of before they start working on it???
anyone else can tell me what should they know???