Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need help choosing a rear end...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing a rear end...

A 408 Iron block is currently being built to go in my T/A. With the combo I'll be running, RWHP should be 475+ and a similar amount of torque. Give or take a few. I know the stock rear will not hold up for long behind that much power, so I'm researching the most appropriate rear end for the job. I live in the same town as Billingsley, so one of his Fab-9s would be easy enough to get. Or would a 12-bolt be more suitable? The car will rarely see the track, and if so, it'll be a couple of passes on cheater slicks. It's going to be 99% street / daily driver. Someday down the road, in a year or two, I'd like to add a blower to the mix which would most likely bump the RWHP to 600 or so. Any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We sell, install and race with the Moser 12 bolts, and have not had any problems at the power level that you're looking to make. If you ever take the power level up even higher than what you're thinking of going to, you can always add a spool to your 12 bolt. Bob