Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 in posi suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9 in posi suggestions please

I recently purchase and installed a moser 9in in my formula. I drive the car more on the street than at the track. I purchased the rear used, it has a 3:90 with a spool. I thought it would be fine but the spool is way too harsh for the street, especially with drag radials on it . I am just looking for suggestions on what brand to purchase whether it be used or new. thanks in advance.

Paul
Old 10-18-2005, 11:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

For M6 car under 700hp a True-trac is the best choice.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

There are a lot of options for you. Which is best really depends on a number of things like what you do with the car (street only, a little drag, a lot of drag, any handling aspects like autox or tracking).

There are Lockers, clutched LSD's, and gear driven/helical LSD's and mulitple brands of them as well.

The idea of a used LSD is not a good one. They take a pounding and any clutch type differential wears as it's driven. Helical diffs are all gear driven and when used in the right application generally don't wear out or break, and it's RARE to find someone who's pulled one out.

For a street car (not knowing the power), I'd be looking at Torsen, TrueTrac, Auburn, and maybe even a good old Ford Trac-Lok for a street car.

We carry all of those and some others too, so if you need some help deciding just let me know. I'll be happy to take as much time as it takes to run you through the pro's and con's of each. That's my job, and anyone who's spent much time in the suspension forums knows that....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

im in the same boat except that i have a detroit locker doooont get that for the street i think im goin to go with a true track!!