Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" with 4.11 help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9" with 4.11 help

Ok here is the deal, I want to put a 9" rear end, with 4:11 or 4:10 and possibly upgrade the drive shaft. The delima- where is the best and cheapest place to get the rear end, complete with gears and all- ready to install. I have ABS but no TCS or at least there is no switch for it.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Banned

Well how worried are you about keeping your ABS? I'm either ordering a rearend from driveline solutions or billingsley. I don't know if d-s are a sponsor here so i'm not giving an address but it will be around $2150. The billingsley will be a tad more if you were to go with a moser housing and a lot more if you went with the fab-9 which i am contemplating.

Nate
Old 10-26-2005, 06:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way to really know which would be cheapest is to contact each place and talk to someone. There are so many different combinations as far as axles, c-sections, housings, etc that the pricing is going to fluctuate from shop to shop.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Teching In

No matter where you go that rear is not goin to be cheap, but at least you will know it wont break. I got the same one, but with a detroit locker and I got it straight from moser. It comes with the differential, axles and housing seperate. It would be to heavy to ship all together. I paid a little under 3k for it.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my 9" by piecing it together as i had the money for it. Built a lot of good connections, and learned alot doing it that way too. I got the Moser housing/axles as a set. Then bought the driveshaft seperate(it's a stell one). then i bought a 9+nudular iron C-section with billet steel locker and polished 4.22 gears. couldn't be happier with the rear end, and kept my abs/tcs. Now if i could only get the car to keep the tires hooked up!