Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ASR/TCS/ABS question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR/TCS/ABS question...

I was looking at my car eariler today, and I noticed that I don't have ABS sensors behind my axles; I have what looks like a sensor on the pumpkin though. I see the plates that 4 channel ABS sensors are supposed to sit on, but the plates are empty. Meaning that I have 3 channel ABS... correct? ( I know there are rings at the ends of the axles for 4 channel ABS, but I don't know what they look like ).

But, I also have TCS. I have a ASR button next to my fog light button over my radio... Which is kind of weird. Everything works great; I don't understand why though. My question is that, how can i have 3 channel ABS with TCS? I don't get it. I always thought 4 channel ABS = TCS... Mabye it is because I have a v6, but I find this difficult to understand. Please help!

I'm asking this because I swore that I had a 4 channel rear end. So I bought one ( a 4 channel rear end with TCS ) with better gears and a LSD. Will it bolt right up? I've been looking around here and I beleive that I wont have ABS/TCS working on my car if I do. But both rear ends are setup for TCS. So.. wtf??

Last edited by sp00rkz; 12-24-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, here let me ask this. How hard will it be to hook up my 3 channel ABS to a 4 channel rear end. The rear end that i'm getting has TCS and 4 channel ABS. My car has TCS/ASR, but my car has a 3 channel rear end ( never heard of it, I don't know, see above post )... I searched and I'm quite confused on this topic. Wouldn't I just need to wire everything up right in order to make it work or is it more complicated than that.