Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Noise!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise!?!?!?!?!

ok i just redid my rear everything new with 4.10 gears from strange. while i was doing that i installed a new clutch spec stage 2 and put new u joints in. i also sent my transmission to get checked and the they said it was like new. now before i brought it there i heard a almost grinding noise when in nuetral. but the tranny shop said the tranny was fine. now when im in like 5th gear and i just rest my foot on the gas u hear a loud errr noise like err errr err err with a slight pause between each. i thought it was the rear but i took out the clutch pak out 3 times reshiming it and changed the crush collar again and still the same noise never changed a bit. and when i put my car on the lift and run it, the sound seems to come out of the middle of the drive shaft??? there are a few little dents on the side of the shaft but nothing serious and i removed the shaft and cant seem to find anything wrong with it... does anyone know what it could be??? its driving me freeking nuts thanx and sorry for the long post