Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help Me Win In Court!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Win In Court!!

so anyways to make a long story short...i was in pigeon forge TN for their "rod run" its a HUGE city wide car show...thousands upon thousands or cars trucks bikes...andyways i have AN A4 with 3.73 gears and sometimes my car "bucks" or "jerks" or whatever upon pulling out (even on normal pullouts)...andways i changed lanes in town and my car started buckin a lil and its loud cause i have the loudmouth so i guess i can see why a cop might THINK i was hotroding...but i really WASN"T...with all the stupid **** i have did in my car, this time i didn't do a thang and got a wreckless driveing ticket...the cop said he seen my rear end sliding around....WHAT THE HELL!!!???

anyways do u guys know a website or anything to explain why a car with gears bucks or jerks or whatever on pullouts sometimes
Old 05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

tell them its cam surge and take them for a ride, my car has nasty cam surge
Old 05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

You're going to lose.

If your car bucks or jerks, they're going to say it's a mechanical problem and you should not be driving it like that, etc. It doesn't matter how, why, what causes it to do whatever you're claiming it did.

The only way you're going to win is if the cop doesn't show up that day.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

You got a Detroit Locker in it? They buck like a wild bull.

Where you from? I was at the Rod Run too, and I've found that TN likes to twist your sack once they have you by the gonadulars.

We were in a car wreck in Ducktown TN a long time ago... drunk ol' hag pulled out in front of us(after looking us dead in the eyes), We hit her broadside in the back, and once the cops got there, they wrote US a ticket for speeding, and gave the drunk hag a ride to the hospital in an ambulance... never asked if we were okay.

Another side note... we all should boycott a few rod runs to show Pigeon Forge what they lose out on without them, because the cops get worse with each one... heck, they used to re-route traffic so you could drag race from light to light in a few areas.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Just hire a lawyer so that he can get rid of it. I know where I am from careless and wreckless is 500-700 dollars, and it does not go on your insurance, if you have a good one.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the cop was a dumbass and wrote a bunch of **** wrong on my ticket...wrong date of birth, wrong court date (they sent me a letter in the mail to correct it) im from VA and instead of puttin VA the douche bag put i was from "VAN"....
Old 05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You know this country is going down hill when cops in hillbilly tennessee are getting picky about ****.

It's an out of state ticket anyway for you, shouldn't count against your record.... ?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

If you go to court, make sure and get the cop on the stand and ask alot of questions like, where he was when he saw you, which way your car was sliding, how many other cars were on the road, if there were any cars between you and him, if you were sliding how come there were no black marks, did he actually see you or just here you if so he was assuming. Put him on the spot but make sure you have all your facts straight such as surrounding streets, which they run, how many lanes of traffic, surrounding buildings. Tell them that it is an equipment problem not careless driving. I was able to get a ticket suspended because the cop said he was at an intersection of two streets that ran parallel when he was in a parking lot between the two streets. Good luck and hopefully the judge will drop it.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i can one up you on a shitty ticket. cruise'n woodward one night. i pulled up to a light, and there were 2 other red camaros next to me (so 3 red 4th gen camaros all at a red light) a Z28, a V6, and then my SS. the guy in the Z28 just side stepped the clutch and did a HUGE smokey burnout. light turns green, and i go. cop gives me a careless driving ticket, and put drag racing and burning out in the comments....i was like "you have to be ******* shitting me right?" and the cop was at a light a block behind the 3 of us.....

you may be fucked...i haven't gone to court for my ticket yet...but i don't know how i can argue it...
Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ws6450hp
If you go to court, make sure and get the cop on the stand and ask alot of questions like, where he was when he saw you, which way your car was sliding, how many other cars were on the road, if there were any cars between you and him, if you were sliding how come there were no black marks, did he actually see you or just here you if so he was assuming. Put him on the spot but make sure you have all your facts straight such as surrounding streets, which they run, how many lanes of traffic, surrounding buildings. Tell them that it is an equipment problem not careless driving. I was able to get a ticket suspended because the cop said he was at an intersection of two streets that ran parallel when he was in a parking lot between the two streets. Good luck and hopefully the judge will drop it.
i refused to sign the ticket intill he explained why i was gettin it...he said he was right behind me, when later i found out he was on the other side of the road...BTW...i was in the far left lane and changed to the middle lane...image this...traffic so bad u move about 20 foot in about 10 minutes...i mean bumper to bumper traffic...setting still and moving SLOW then image this...me in the middle lane goin so fast my rear was sliding around thi guy is gonna feel like **** when i get done with him in court...wether they drop it or not!!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to court. The cop will more than likely NOT show up. Explain the situation with your car and explain that you were not speeding. Point out all the things the cop got wrong when writing the ticket as well. You may get off. With a lawyer I'm almost positive you could get off, but its gonna cost you at least 500 bucks to get one! Good luck bro
Old 05-19-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

well my family is pretty well of and we actually have a lawyer so damn right he will be present
Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 618 Likes on 488 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Just say you accidentally downshifted into first gear - that would definitely cause your car to buck and slide a bit, if you were going more than 30 mph.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Just say you accidentally downshifted into first gear - that would definitely cause your car to buck and slide a bit, if you were going more than 30 mph.

well im not gonna start tryin to lie my way out of it...

i honestly did NOTHING wrong and im gonna tell the truth about it
Old 05-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Good call, bro. Good advice on giving the cop the 3rd degree on the stand. I frequent Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg so if you need any help as to geographical points of interest to your case, PM me and I'll help you out... I can't stand TN cops!!!

That is, till Happy Hour... they all seem to disappear for a bit. I hear they all pile up at the donut shop in town.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Did you go to court yet? Let us know how everything goes.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SVThis
im from VA and instead of puttin VA the douche bag put i was from "VAN"....
am i the only one that thought this was funny? i almost bit my tongue

i had a friend who once got pulled over, grabbed a bottle out of the backseat, ran outside and jumped around then pissed in it with the cop watching. he just said he had to pee so badly he was racing home. the cop let him off.

just tell the judge you had to take a massive ****. he'd understand. i know many a time i've raced home to drop the cosby kids off at the pool.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope...court date isn't till june 21st...