Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

shift kit or hypertech programmer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shift kit or hypertech programmer

1999 camaro ss auto(stock) which is better to get, to firm up the shifts,or will both work with each other with out stressing the transmission. If shift kit which brand? Is the power tuning on the programmer any real difference in performance.Do plan on getting a converter later.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: shift kit or hypertech programmer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ta962000:
<strong>1999 camaro ss auto(stock) which is better to get, to firm up the shifts,or will both work with each other with out stressing the transmission. If shift kit which brand? Is the power tuning on the programmer any real difference in performance.Do plan on getting a converter later.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You defianatly don't want to use both! if I were you I'd leave well enough alone, a shift kit will take it's toll as will the HPP3 shift firmness from what I hear, I know first hand that a shift kit will, it sure did on my old Formula even though it took a couple of years or so.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

moving to drivetrain
Old 05-15-2002, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Get a shiftkit installed. Transgo is the best kit.

-Doug