Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" off center?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9" off center?!

alright i just found out that my rear is not center. it is about 1.5-2" to the right. i have the stock springs in, did i install it wrong? or do i need to get a adj. panhard bar? could my adj spohn TQ cause this?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was off by maybe a half inch. That's a lot. I assume you've lowered the car and measured after everything settled into place. The torque arm shouldn't cause that. Double check everything. Compare measurements from the center of the yoke to the panhard attach point on the old and new rears. The next thing would be the adjustable panhard.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 1.5-2" from pinion centerline to the flange of the passenger side axle ??
Old 06-28-2006, 04:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
Mine was off by maybe a half inch. That's a lot. I assume you've lowered the car and measured after everything settled into place. The torque arm shouldn't cause that. Double check everything. Compare measurements from the center of the yoke to the panhard attach point on the old and new rears. The next thing would be the adjustable panhard.
I agree. A half inch offset is pretty normal, but anymore than that and I would be looking as to why there is such a great difference.
Where are you measuring from? Bob