Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear End Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear End Question

alright well a few days ago my g/f hit a curb w/ the passenger rear tire. i took it to a shop they said the panhard rod was bent go buy a new one. so i went up to the salvaged yard and looked around found a perfect blown motor lt1 and no one has touched the rear...yet. so i took off both upper and lower panhard bars and took them home. took mine off and the old and the new lined up perfectly. but i thought well he knew what he was talking about so i put on the new ones anywayz well i found out that you can adjust the stockers alittle bit so i adjusted them all the way to the passenger side and then set the car back down. still didn't fix the problem my rear is pushed to the drivers side about an inch at max and it is making the 275/40/18's rub which is not good and it looks funny i need some advice i was going to buy an adjustable PHR but 2 stockers for 50 bucks now instead of an adjustable PHR in a few days just seemed like more of what i needed.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

how did you "adjust" the stock rods and is the mount for the bars possibly bent? and are you still with the g/f? just kidding with the last question.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

you can slide the upper and lower PHR prolly 1/4 of an inch both ways. and i doubt the mount is bent but i guess that is an option. where would i go about getting a new mount since they are welded in. and yes we are still together just kinda upset lol
Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Mine Is The Same The Passenger Side Tire Rubs And Panhard Is Definately Bent.....was Street Racing In Abandoned Area...lots Of Room And Very Safe Usually Due To No Traffic..not A Public Place...some Dude Parked At The End Of The Strip And Stoped In The Middle To Get Good Footage...dumbass..i Had To Swerve Like A ****** Duke Of Hazzard And Easily Could Have Died At 130 Mph...god Saved Me But Being Completely Sidewayz At That Speed Bent My Stock Panhard....havent Yet Changed It But Since I Lowered It That **** Hella Rubs.and I Must Fix It...i Tell My Gf It Scrapes Cuz She Got In The Car....not Funny To Her But Hilariouse To Me....and Shes Hella Skinny..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

Mine Is The Same The Passenger Side Tire Rubs And Panhard Is Definately Bent.....was Street Racing In Abandoned Area...lots Of Room And Very Safe Usually Due To No Traffic..not A Public Place...some Dude Parked At The End Of The Strip And Stoped In The Middle To Get Good Footage...dumbass..i Had To Swerve Like A ****** Duke Of Hazzard And Easily Could Have Died At 130 Mph...god Saved Me But Being Completely Sidewayz At That Speed Bent My Stock Panhard....havent Yet Changed It But Since I Lowered It That **** Hella Rubs.and I Must Fix It...i Tell My Gf It Scrapes Cuz She Got In The Car....not Funny To Her But Hilariouse To Me....and Shes Hella Skinny..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

would an adjustable PHR fix this problem? i don't understand how it can move the rear but all i need it to move is about a half of an inch?