Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

clicking noise in back end

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Default clicking noise in back end

hey guys my 10 bolt just had 373 gears put in now the rear has a clicking noise to it.GM linited slp was put in also.I believe the posi unit is making this noise any suggestions.
Old 08-05-2002 | 04:12 PM
Teching In

Default Re: clicking noise in back end

think i might be able to shed some light on this one. same thing happened to me. when i bought the car (98TA) the dealership informed me that it had a 4.10 installed. a few months of driving the car, and i started hearing a clicking noise coming from the rear which would decrese in frequency as i slowed. about a week and a half later on my way home from work, BAM! it went. it shook the entire car, scared the @$^& outta me. the dealership told me the rear was installed incorrectly and that they wouldn't work on it. i haven't fixed mine yet, so i don't really have a solution for you, but at least you know what might happen. i'm waiting for someone to reply to my post asking for advice in this matter, look for it in the drivetrain category. later...

Nick