Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Excessive vibration sometimes..

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excessive vibration sometimes..

Hi there,

My name is Bergur and I have a 99 TA A4 in Iceland

Recently I tore the automatic transmission mount, replaced it with energy suspension mount.. I had to drive it about 80miles home with the mount torn apart, It had some kind of a safety pin so I thought to myself it would be okay and I just drove it as my grandma would, acceleration very slowly when I had to stop etc...

But now when the new mount is in I'm sometimes getting excessive vibration in third gear at aprox 2400rpm, 53mph.. And I noticed a leak with the from the front of my rear, could pinion bearing be the cause for this? Or maybe axle bearings too? I sometimes feel a click when acclerating from a stop, like something is snapping into place.. Feels like it's comming from the rear, driverside..

Any comments welcome..

Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

If it is a poly mount. It will vibrate at certain speeds! I have the same one in my T-56 and it feels like hell at some speeds.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I have one too, I assume, when I bought the car, as the metal part of the mount has that yellowish color (forgot what its called). It has an off/on vibration starting around 58mph. It also feels like full on *** when I accelerate hard.