Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Nine inch center section

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007 | 02:19 AM
On The Tree

Question Nine inch center section

Are these any good or are they junk they seem to be way better priced then a new one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

I have a mostly stock car for now that will get some power within the next year. I just want to beef up the suspension first. I plan on getting a moser 9 in housing and axle package and thought it would be much cheaper for now to go with one of these vs spending 1500 on a new unit since I dont have loads of power at the moment
Old 03-23-2007 | 04:13 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It should hold up for now, but I've seen people break them when the power level is raised. Bob
Old 03-23-2007 | 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

That is a cast iron 3rd memeber, which is the least desireable 9". However, it's still way stronger than a 7 1/2" 10 bolt. I actually have a similar cast unit in my car and ran 9's at 146 mph. My car only pulls 1.6 60' times though. My plan is to upgrade to an aluminum unit if mine breaks.

Mike
Old 03-23-2007 | 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Those are ok. Just a stocker rebuilt. I was considerring one for highway gears. You can throw 450rwhp at it and not worry through an M6. May want to look into a Nodular unit though. Capable of holding 1000hp or more. You won't break it. Much cheaper than aluminum but very heavy. Ford has a couple different versions as well as Strange and I think Moser. You can find rebuilt Nascar (Ford Racing) units on e-bay too.
Old 03-23-2007 | 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Well right now the car is stock but down the road I will be doing a good head cam package. If this is good enough to get me by for awhile I will likely just get one. At work things are picking up nicely I make a good base salary plus comission. My comission check last month bring home was almost a grand and things are picking up more and more every month. I think I will go with this cheaper unit for now and next year when I am making even more I can go ahead and get a nice unit from Bob to replace it.
I want to also do the suspension driveshaft and tq arm this spring early summer to get it to be stronger and to hook much better and maybe get some slicks. If I am real lucky by the end of summer early fall I will have a stall in it to really wake it up a bit.

THanks for the advice guys being that I really dont know any more then what I have read on here and a few other places I was afraid I would buy a pos that would explode the second pass I made on it at the track.