Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

twin disk and street driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default twin disk and street driving

I have a MC twin disk clutch with the alum flywheel. how will this work in street driving.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: twin disk and street driving

It's not as bad as people think. Really it engages pretty smooth. I think McLeod revised the design of it here not too long ago so it is not as bad as some of the older ones. I can tell you this also...it engaged much smoother than any SPEC stage 3 clutch I have driven.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

It will work fine, but why the aluminium fly wheel? They are not strong enough for drag racing! If you are only going to daily drive, and road race you will be fine, I hope you don't plan on drag racing.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is an autox car that goes to the strip once a month or so for fun. The clutch came with the alum flywheel as I got it used from someone who switched to an auto tranny it has very low mileage
Old 10-09-2002, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

That flywheel should be good for autoX, and OK for street.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

How much does the whole stock pp, flywheel, and clutch disc weigh verses the mcleod twin disk in both steel and aluminum?

My thinking is that the steel version is actually heavier than stock because of the two discs and the floater.

Eric
Old 10-27-2002, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 66ImpalaLT1:
<strong>How much does the whole stock pp, flywheel, and clutch disc weigh verses the mcleod twin disk in both steel and aluminum?

My thinking is that the steel version is actually heavier than stock because of the two discs and the floater.

Eric</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah this is what I am thinking also. I bet an aluminum flywheel will not be such a drag if you bog at the dragstrip because of the heavier clutch assembly. Does this make sense?