Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rearend woes..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Rearend woes..

Ok I just bought a 98 m6 car about a month ago. I was told the rearend had been redone about a year ago.. The guy didnt know anything about cars so he didnt know any specs or details on what was done.. Ive driven a m6 ss before and you couldnt help but burn tires all the way threw 3rd my car on the other hand I wish I could say was they same.. It will light them up in firs and chirp them in 2nd thats it.. I also noticed when u turn a corner the car acts like it has a welded diff it wants to chirp the inside tire .. Also the car will hit 75mph in second gear..Im thinking the car has a A4 rearend.. Is the gear ratio that far off on the m6 to A4?

Im currently laid off but as soon as work rolls back in I plan on buying a 9inch moser and 4.10s ASAP!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my m6 ws6 won't roast them into third unless i have crappy tires. I'll roast first squak second and chirp third. but i'm trying to think what i hit in second i think 75 is a little high i'm guessing i'm around 60 i'll check tomarow on my way to work lol.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet ...
Is a v-6 auto rear end the same gear as the v-8?