Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Short Throw Shifter breaking transmission???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Throw Shifter breaking transmission???

I just had trans work finished. Before going into it I had a problem downshifting from 6th to 5th. 5th would get stuck, and with the clutch in I would have to move down to 4th and back up to 5th before it went in. After I got it back, the next day the same exact problem was there. I asked the trans guy about it and he said any short throw shifter will do this damage. Does this make sense? Do I have to go back to a stock shifter now? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me...
Old 05-31-2003, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Short Throw Shifter breaking transmission???

I had some trouble with things like that with my stock shifter, but my ripper fixed it...
Old 05-31-2003, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Short Throw Shifter breaking transmission???

I have had my Lou's Short Stick with a factory hurst on my car for the last 9 months without any problems. I personally dont see how it would make any problems. You have to put on more pressure to shift, yet you have less leverage, where on a longer shift you give it less pressure but it is coming from a leverage point. Just my assumptions, could be totally wrong though lol