Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help me build a 12-bolt

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Default Help me build a 12-bolt

Hey guys, I need to go ahead and step up to a 12-bolt, I think before I go too far into modding the car. I have heard that is it good to get a Moser rearend, but not let Moser assemble it. This is direct from the Thunder Racing website:

Moser F-body 12 Bolt Rear End, complete bolt-in with spool (choice of 30 or 33 spline). Comes standard with Mosier Eng. Custom Alloy Axles, Pro-Street Gears, Pinion Yoke and Chrome Cover.

ABS Setup with 3 channel exciter ring on posi (single sensor on top of rear end housing)

Moser 12 bolt Upgrade from standard 1310 Yoke to Stronger 1350 Yoke

Moser 12 bolt Upgrade from standard chrome cover to TA Performance aluminum cover

Okay, so I'd have a 12-bolt with a spool, 33-spline axles, upgraded yoke and cover, ABS, and 3.73s. Are there any benefits to getting the longer wheel studs over the stock length ones? Are gun-drilled axles available for a 12-bolt?

I'm gonna give the spool a try. I'm not worried about it too much. But will the gun-drilled axles hold up on the street? Thanks a lot!