Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Centerforce DF, should I update my 99' master?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Centerforce DF, should I update my 99' master?

I am ordering parts for a Centerforce DF. I am going to order the updated slave.

Should go ahead and get the 02' master also?

My car is a 99' and has 75k miles on it.

I am thinking I should, but wanted other opinions.

I have been having problems upshifting at full throttle, esp. at the last Road Course event. Couldn't shift 2nd to 3rd on several occasions.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Centerforce DF, should I update my 99' master?

Do yourself a favor and DON'T get the CF. Get a RAM clutch or if you are stock power just get a ZO6 clutch. I would suggest getting a RAM clutch because RAM seems to be standing behind their product the most, so far. RAM offers several different clutch disk types for different power leles and such. You WILL need an adjustable master cylinder and you should upgrade the slave as well. If you get the RAM VDS clutch kit it will contain a billet steel flywheel(required for a 6130 and 910 disk), new adjustable master cylinder, new slave, pressure plate and disk. Contact Rapid Motorsports www.rapidmotorsports.com and ask Mike about the RAM clutches. I have the 6130/402 VDS and I love it. I think Futral Motorsports also carries the RAM units.