Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

TR6060 Rebuild. Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR6060 Rebuild. Problems.

Hello everybody,
Long story short I ran my tr6060 w/o any oil in it until it seized . it seized not on power but will cruising in neutral so that kinda gives me some hopes that its rebuild-able. It did no seize completely we were able to get the car on the tow truck on it own but it definitely took a lot of efforts.

After dropping the transmission and unbolting the bell hosing and the tail housing I found a lot of plastic( looks like ) shavings, very almost no metal shavings.

Foloving this thread - "DIY: TR6060 manual transmission teardown and rebuild" and some other online sources, I started tearing it apart. everything was going smooth.

until I got the "5th/6th Synchronizer"

as you see it's pretty much impossible to put the puller around it
Problem number one: how do I pull this "5th/6th Synchronizer" ?
Problem number two: I guess you noticed the discoloration on the 6th gear main shaft, does that mean that it has to be replaced ?

Here are photos of the Countershaft does it have to this color? or is over headed and needs to be replaced?

view from bellhousing side, gears/Synchros, note burned Synchros.

Any advice is appreciated ! I mentaly ready to buy other TR6060 but decided to give this one a chace just because I like building stuff.
PS the car is ProAm spec 1998 BMW M3 Drift car with LQ4 swap+MS3 Gold box, all build by me.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I did my Magnum conversion on mine I used a cats paw bar to get it moving. Once it was loose it slid right off.

Quick Reply: TR6060 Rebuild. Problems.