Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

Engine Overheat

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Overheat

So I posted a thread over on Camaro5 forum a couple days ago regarding my car and what I've found so far. Was gonna see if I may get some more input from this side also. Just want to gather as much info and knowledge as I can. This is the link to the C5 write-up,so I dont have to type it all back out. Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572891
Old 06-16-2020, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Sooooo. Yeaaaaa. Just an update that may end up helping someone else. But this happened. Blew both gaskets out, which is what lead to my radiator failure to begin with I'm almost certain. On the bright side though, it did get me an aluminum radiator upgrade, so thats a plus.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:30 PM
Teching In

So now that everything is back together and been driving the car around some to get the feel of it again. Working on the tune, which is coming along good, but at idle only when car is 1st started and warming up, the rpm's will climb to around 1200 to 1300 rpm when clutch is pushed in during a rolling stop. Also it will idle great and not fluctuate at all, until the a/c or heat is actually running, then it will surge, but only when clutch is pushed in and sitting or coming to a stop. An idea's what to look for in HPTuners to possibly adjust/correct these slight issues?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Figured I would give this another shot instead of starting a new thread. Still looking at some things I can play with in the tune to try and address the above issue, I have been doing some research in what little spare time I have, which is minimal with 4 kids and one of those so called "ESSENTIAL JOBS". I have found some things on HPT where it shows adjusting rpm's in a parameters that reads a/c on and a/c off, but I don't have those exact parameters available on my MPVI2. Not asking anyone to dive into my tune, as I am striving to learn myself, just looking for a little input on a parameter I can look into myself.

2010 Camaro SS/LS3 car

Quick Reply: Engine Overheat