Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Detailing Products

Just got my SS wut kind of wax is good or safe to use on the outside of the car, and wut kind of oil or armoral protectant can i use on the dash and etc?, never had a brand new SS want to make sure everything will be safe
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
Just got my SS wut kind of wax is good or safe to use on the outside of the car, and wut kind of oil or armoral protectant can i use on the dash and etc?, never had a brand new SS want to make sure everything will be safe
I would recommend Adam's polishes. I got turned on to them by other 5th gen and Corvette guys. A little expensive, but great products that smell great. Otherwise Mothers and Maguires are good products. Please dont use Armourall.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJG383
I would recommend Adam's polishes. I got turned on to them by other 5th gen and Corvette guys. A little expensive, but great products that smell great. Otherwise Mothers and Maguires are good products. Please dont use Armourall.
ok cool i have mothers and maguires, so wut can i use for the interior pieces then?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

ok cool i have mothers and maguires, so wut can i use for the interior pieces then?
I like my interior clean but not shiny or greasy so I use mild soap and water or a detail spray like Adam's. They also make a In and Out spray if you want a little shine without the greasy feel. Invisible glass for the windows, be careful with the radio plastic window, it scratches easily.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like my interior clean but not shiny or greasy so I use mild soap and water or a detail spray like Adam's. They also make a In and Out spray if you want a little shine without the greasy feel. Invisible glass for the windows, be careful with the radio plastic window, it scratches easily.
ok cool, wut else can i use besides adams that i can find at the auto store for the interior?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

ok cool, wut else can i use besides adams that i can find at the auto store for the interior?
Try to find a product that has some UV protection in it for the dash. Mothers, Maguires have good interior cleaners and detail sprays. I just remember back in the day when Armourall came out how oily and greasy it was and how much dirt it attracted. There are so many detail products now, the fill a whole aisle in the auto parts store.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

op go to the appearance /detailing section on tech, there is a ask a pro detailer thread in that section, it is ran by gofast , he is prob the best detailer on this site, he is the guy to ask about anything detailing wise
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try to find a product that has some UV protection in it for the dash. Mothers, Maguires have good interior cleaners and detail sprays. I just remember back in the day when Armourall came out how oily and greasy it was and how much dirt it attracted. There are so many detail products now, the fill a whole aisle in the auto parts store.
Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
op go to the appearance /detailing section on tech, there is a ask a pro detailer thread in that section, it is ran by gofast , he is prob the best detailer on this site, he is the guy to ask about anything detailing wise
ok cool thanks guys, just wanna clean her up tommorow, but i dont wanna make the interior too shiny or greasy looking
Old 03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

EAGLE 1 wax is great stuff! Last forever too!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lmfao
Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bandit1transam01
EAGLE 1 wax is great stuff! Last forever too!
for interior or exterior?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would also recommend Adams.

www.adamspolishes.com

and their forum:

www.adamsforums.com

They're a sponsor on here and give Tech members 10% off when you use the code "LSONE" at check out.

If you're looking for just over the counter stuff, I would look into Meg's Gold class...
Old 03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

for interior or exterior?
Exterior, Meguires makes some good leather products and despite what some people say about armour all, it sure makes the dash and trim shine. I have yet to have any "drying out" or cracking due to it.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by egott_91
I would also recommend Adams.

www.adamspolishes.com

and their forum:

www.adamsforums.com

They're a sponsor on here and give Tech members 10% off when you use the code "LSONE" at check out.

If you're looking for just over the counter stuff, I would look into Meg's Gold class...
Exterior, Meguires makes some good leather products and despite what some people say about armour all, it sure makes the dash and trim shine. I have yet to have any "drying out" or cracking due to it.

i got the meguiars interior detalier and the mothers outside one, worked amazing car is like a mirror
Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

i got the meguiars interior detalier and the mothers outside one, worked amazing car is like a mirror
Mothers is some good stuff too! I use their mag/aluminum polish on my rims and tips
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mothers is some good stuff too! I use their mag/aluminum polish on my rims and tips
yea do u have the polished rims on ur new SS? cause mine are polished but dont shine up they look kinda dull from the factory
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

yea do u have the polished rims on ur new SS? cause mine are polished but dont shine up they look kinda dull from the factory
I actually have a WS6 T/A lol. But yea I have aluminum factory rims and the previous owner didn't really shine them, but after really babying them up with that mothers wax they now shine pretty good!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually have a WS6 T/A lol. But yea I have aluminum factory rims and the previous owner didn't really shine them, but after really babying them up with that mothers wax they now shine pretty good!
ill give it a try thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Adams all the way.

I have chrome American Racing Torque Thrust M's and I don't bother with chrome cleaner. I just wash them with the Adams regular wash and dry them and they look great.

The pure Carnauba wax is expensive $75 and doesn't last long but the shine is unreal. Their wash mitts and waffle drying towels are worth every penny. I couldn't see paying for 2 5 gallon bucks when I could get them from work for free.

Watch the Adams videos, you will learn a lot
Old 03-11-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by No Hope
Adams all the way.

I have chrome American Racing Torque Thrust M's and I don't bother with chrome cleaner. I just wash them with the Adams regular wash and dry them and they look great.

The pure Carnauba wax is expensive $75 and doesn't last long but the shine is unreal. Their wash mitts and waffle drying towels are worth every penny. I couldn't see paying for 2 5 gallon bucks when I could get them from work for free.

Watch the Adams videos, you will learn a lot
thanks for info!

Quick Reply: Detailing Products