Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need more power!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more power!

So I got a 2013 camaro ss I recently installed stainless steel work headers, straight pipe, and a tune. Really looking to get a good cam now, any recommendations???
Old 10-12-2015, 05:21 AM
TECH Resident

BTR Stage 4.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be honest with yourself about what kind of driving you are going to do and how much maintenance you are up for. Cams are not only spec'd for a certain engine combination but also for the type of use. Lobe profiles come into play just as much as duration and lift.

So my recommendation is to think about what you plan to do with the car and what mods may be in your future. Once you've got a good idea, then call and talk to the experts on cam design.

Tony Mamo - Mamo Motorsports
Kip Faber - Cammotion
Martin Smallwood - Tick Perfomance
Brian Tooley - Brian Tooley Racing
Pat Guerra - Guerra Group

All are very knowledgable and can get you where you need to be. Getting the right cam will really wake up your car. You're going to love it.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tadams72
Be honest with yourself about what kind of driving you are going to do and how much maintenance you are up for. Cams are not only spec'd for a certain engine combination but also for the type of use. Lobe profiles come into play just as much as duration and lift.

So my recommendation is to think about what you plan to do with the car and what mods may be in your future. Once you've got a good idea, then call and talk to the experts on cam design.

Tony Mamo - Mamo Motorsports
Kip Faber - Cammotion
Martin Smallwood - Tick Perfomance
Brian Tooley - Brian Tooley Racing
Pat Guerra - Guerra Group

All are very knowledgable and can get you where you need to be. Getting the right cam will really wake up your car. You're going to love it.
Very well said. You can have three guys with the same exact car/engine parts Depending on what they tell you about the performance they want you can recommend three different cams. Sometimes you are not able to help them because what they want can not be achieved
Old 10-12-2015, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

I agree. Contact the cam experts before you buy.Sometimes a bigger camshaft will actually make the car slower than a mild cam depends on application,especially a street car.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Teching In

can't go wrong with CamMotion

Quick Reply: Need more power!