Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Turbonetics please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics please help!!

I purchased and installed the Turbonetics CARB legal turbo kit on my 2012 Camaro SS and had a severe oil leak at the oil drain off the bottom of the turbo - the rubber gasket failed almost immediately after install - I had 2 of these rubber gaskets in the kit so I removed the turbo (hugh project) and installed the second rubber gasket which failed as quickly as the first one - Such a severe failure that it was a fire danger - The Turbo Heat Blanket was also soaked with oil to the point of a fire danger - I contacted Turbonetics immediately about my problem and was told that they replaced the original gasket with this rubber gasket because of problems and that I probably overtightened the rubber gasket and did not install lock tight on the bolt - I looked carefully looked thru the installation instructions and found no special torque requirements or lock tight on this rubber gasket and bolts and I asked for a new rubber gasket and Heat Blanket but was declined - Does anybody have a good contact at Turbonetics to get this resolved, I am not happy with their customer service with this problem?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics please help!!