Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Drive by wire throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive by wire throttle response

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I'm considering swapping a LS3/T56 combo from a 5th gen SS Camaro into another chassis. I haven't driven a 5th Gen w/manual tranny and had a question about the drive by wire.

I've only driven one drive by wire with a manual tranny (Toyota pickup) and the response was frustratingly slow. Accelerating is ok, but letting off the gas to shift is crap unless you let off the gas, wait a second, then shift. That method I find takes away any enjoyment of a manual and I might as well go auto.

Does the LS3 experience the same characteristics? I'm not looking for .001 ET differences, I'm looking at day to day street use. Hoping the GM drive by wire is a solid design.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Teching In

So nobody has a 5th gen w/manual tranny?
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by DWillys
I'm considering swapping a LS3/T56 combo from a 5th gen SS Camaro into another chassis.
First, I haven't heard anyone complain about any delay with drive by wire, Second the trans would not be a t56 it would be a tr6060.
What are you swapping it into? I run drive by wire with Holley EFI and can't complain but that's not the stock computer so I can't speak from experience.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Teching In

I'm in CA so any changes from stock can be a problem. I found out I can rent a Camaro SS locally so I'm going to try that.

Quick Reply: Drive by wire throttle response