Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 V6 Camaro.... Sleeper Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
While I understand you are mocking the village idiot (0000000000) its a bad comparison. While the V6 Camaro will be a vastly better car than the V6 mustang or Challenger, there are still better cars out there if all you want is a little bit of performance and good looks.
Glad to see im making a name for myself! The camaro ls will also be vastly more expensive & have much less appeal (like before).
Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Yall Guys are killing me!!!!! lol
Theres always gonna be something faster to buy.
The new V6 is gonna impress, and for people like me who dont have 35+ grand to spend on the loaded V8 models, a 300 horse V6 is a blessing.
I dont expect to beat everyone on the road, i just think that this is going to be a great buy, and i know there is a stereotype that only girls buy V6s, but theres a stereotype with all cars, who buys Corvettes 90% of time????
Older Men! Why?? cause they have saved for years and have lots of money!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JWG01LS1
Yall Guys are killing me!!!!! lol
Theres always gonna be something faster to buy.
The new V6 is gonna impress, and for people like me who dont have 35+ grand to spend on the loaded V8 models, a 300 horse V6 is a blessing.
I dont expect to beat everyone on the road, i just think that this is going to be a great buy, and i know there is a stereotype that only girls buy V6s, but theres a stereotype with all cars, who buys Corvettes 90% of time????
Older Men! Why?? cause they have saved for years and have lots of money!!!!
nothing wrong with buying a v6,
u wont be giving any ls vehicles a hard time,
but it sure will be cool running alongside v8 gt's or even beating them with some bolt ons
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 0000000000
Glad to see im making a name for myself! The camaro ls will also be vastly more expensive & have much less appeal (like before).
"blah blah more expensive blah blah I know everything blah blah blah...."

Apparently you haven't listened to GM about the pricing. Apparently you think you know more than GM themselves. Apparently, the name you've made for yourself is fitting. And apparently you didn't take my advice. If you hate the car so much, leave the 2010 camaro section, instead of trolling. In other words, GO AWAY.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

u wont be giving any ls vehicles a hard time,
At least not in stock form. And who the hell on this forum keeps their car stock? The CTS's with the 3.6 have shown 30rwhp increases from just intake and exhaust. (Put 'em right near 300rwhp) I think with a little work, it'll be a definite contender, no matter what you drive.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
"blah blah more expensive blah blah I know everything blah blah blah...."

Apparently you haven't listened to GM about the pricing. Apparently you think you know more than GM themselves. Apparently, the name you've made for yourself is fitting. And apparently you didn't take my advice. If you hate the car so much, leave the 2010 camaro section, instead of trolling. In other words, GO AWAY.
Pardon me for not jumping aboard. Im pullin for you guys. I want to believe they will price it low but its GM! Its apparent!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pardon me for not jumping aboard. Im pullin for you guys. I want to believe they will price it low but its GM! Its apparent!
It doesn't bother me that you don't agree. What bothers me is how you go around insisting that it will be so expensive, like you somehow know all about it. If you were just saying "yeah I don't think it'll be that cheap, maybe more like this much" or whatever, no problem, you're just voicing your opinion. But when you keep going around saying stuff like "it'll be VASTLY more expensive" you come across as acting like a know-it-all, when really you know nothing more than anyone else. Only GM knows the pricing right now, which irks me but what can we do about that?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

While you can only speculate on price, how will it be less appealing? It has a far superior engine, transmission, and suspension compared to both the V6 Challenger and V6 Mustang (the Mustang being light years behind the others), and from the looks of it more attention to detail and better quality.
Exactly what is less appealing using what we know for sure (that means don't bother telling us how much you think it will cost)?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
While you can only speculate on price, how will it be less appealing? It has a far superior engine, transmission, and suspension compared to both the V6 Challenger and V6 Mustang (the Mustang being light years behind the others), and from the looks of it more attention to detail and better quality.
Exactly what is less appealing using what we know for sure (that means don't bother telling us how much you think it will cost)?
I think he means in terms of the non performance features. The 4th Gen Mustang.. and this 5th Gen Mustang sell so well because they fit what non-enthusiasts like in a sporty, midsized car. The Mustang can fit 5 ppl... had a trunk... tends to blend it a lot better than the F-Bodies did on the road and sits at a normal ride height. None of these features are appealing to me... but for anyone who isnt a muscle/pony car enthusiast, it works a lot better as just a sporty midsized car.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

silverv6...no its not even close to the same type of argument. Is the v8 camaro an extra 15k? I think not. if this were the case I would just go buy a mustang. I have stated before I cant stand the sound of a v6 even if it were as fast as a v8. This is probably my number one reason. anything can be fast

How is buying a new vette over a new camaro even relevant to the argument of buying a v6 camaro over a v8? not even the same car and not even the same price range

the v6 is a girly car IMO. but if someone else wants to buy one then good for them. its not my money. And for god sake I hope plenty of people do like them, if they dont then the camaro is doomed. But you wont find me driving one...EVER

thisblood...you better watch what you say...you obviously havent heard the news. the new v6 camaro will be faster than the LT1...just ask DOM. He doesnt give a damn about the numbers or the logic.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-30-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Launching!

the new v6 camaro will be faster than the LT1...just ask DOM.
lol, tool. You must think all lt1's are in the 13's just as all ls1's are in the 12's...stock. The new v6 will run with lt1's. It probably won't be handing their asses to 'em by any means, but it will be competitive.

I think a lil bit of juice on an I/E car will surprise a LOT of people. That would be pretty priceless being able to say "It's just a v6" after you tear someone up.

The 3.6 takes mods quite a bit better than the 'ole 3800II does (at least intake/exhaust). People already have some very wicked hp numbers (600rwhp+) with the 3800 and given the 3.6's higher mod-ability, we are going to see some pretty ridiculous 6 bangers running around...like it or not.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I never said all LT1 cars run 13's stock. I said that m6 LT1 cars have hit high 13's quite often. this is a fact.

and when did I say all ls1 cars run high 12's?

why are you calling me a tool? because you can make incorrect assumptions about my opinion on a cars track time?

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-30-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow 294RWHP from the DI V6 in the caddy with intake/exhaust on a dynapak dyno is very impressive! I'm quite surprised...Aren't stock GT's dynoing 260ish on a dynojet?

Last edited by CHRISPY; 07-30-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Yes, GM's 3.8 V6 is worthless and isn't capable of making decent power...
Wait a second??? Isn't the quickest modified GM V6 quicker than the quickest LSX???
Oh, that's right, it is... You LSX guys have still yet to run 7's (<:EDIT: oops, way off) like the grand nationals do to this day. What's up with that?

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 07-30-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nanokpsi
If you are going to get that extensive and supercharge it, the Stang will be a much better platform. One, they already make everything for it. Two, with an extra litre of displacement it has more potential. Three, with more rods/pistons to spread the burden, the stock mustang motor will take more power before it goes boom. Four, the GT is a couple hundread pounds lighter. Five, and probably the most important, you are not seen as being a girlie man for buying the "little motor" version
I thought the GTs were a few hundred pounds HEAVIER.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the mustang GTs put down 260ish to the wheel stock and they can take a LT1 (or dam close) and a 3.6 with just intake/exhaust is making 300rwhp I see it having no problems beating a LT1.....**** even stock its a close race.

BUT, Lets just wait till someone gets one and we can get a stock LT1 and have them run and see what happens instead of all this bitching back and forth thats going no where.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Yes, GM's 3.8 V6 is worthless and isn't capable of making decent power...
Wait a second??? Isn't the quickest modified GM V6 quicker than the quickest LSX???
Oh, that's right, it is... You LSX guys have still yet to run 7's like the grand nationals do to this day. What's up with that?
YOUR WRONG NO GM V6 IS FASTER THEN MY MIGHTY LS1!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are going to get that extensive and supercharge it, the Stang will be a much better platform. One, they already make everything for it. Two, with an extra litre of displacement it has more potential. Three, with more rods/pistons to spread the burden, the stock mustang motor will take more power before it goes boom. Four, the GT is a couple hundread pounds lighter. Five, and probably the most important, you are not seen as being a girlie man for buying the "little motor" version
Bullcrap. We put a turbo on our 2006 Mustang GT, and it folded two rods at a measly 400 rwhp. Zero detonation, and running rich. The 4.6L GT engine sucks ***. I don't consider that "potential". We repaired that POS and sold it the same week. Bought a GTO to replace it, and it puts down 550 rwhp on a stock internal engine with twin turbos on it. Hasn't had an issue since we've owned it.

That little DI 3.6L V6 is a better engine than the 4.6L mod-motor. Hell, it makes the same power with less displacement and it doesn't even need rpm to do so. If anything, this just shows how crappy the 4.6L is.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
YOUR WRONG NO GM V6 IS FASTER THEN MY MIGHTY LS1!!!!!!!!
LOL. I'm sure some people actually believe that...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32

Oh, that's right, it is... You LSX guys have still yet to run 7's like the grand nationals do to this day. What's up with that?
Been living in a cave? We have seen LS powered cars go 6s already. Quite a few of them are in the 7s now. You should do more research before acting like you are an authority in engines. lol

Last edited by Nine Ball; 07-30-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Wow. LOL... I'm not sure what to say.

Quick Reply: 2010 V6 Camaro.... Sleeper Time