Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

LT4/LY6 - Newbie looking for some info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT4/LY6 - Newbie looking for some info.

Hey there everyone. I'm looking for a bit of insight and information on a conversion and if it's even possible.

I picked up a 2010 gen 4 LY6 (iron block with aluminum rectangular heads)

I've been looking into the LSA supercharger from a 2013 ZL1, which works.

But I am thinking of trying the LT4 supercharger. I know the main difference is the direct injection which makes it difficult. But maybe not impossible. Did a bit of googling but not a whole lot popped up.

I'm wondering if you guys could entertain the idea a little just to give me a bit of insight on what I would need to do, to make it work. (If any serious car builders out there please offer up your two cents)

Not trying to be disrespectful or sound stupid in any matter, just don't know enough on the subject and am genuinely curious.

I'll be swapping this motor into an s15.

Thank everyone.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Completely different animal. Intake runners, completely different, on Gen5 motors,the fuel injectors press into the cylinder head. There's no holes intake for them.
if you want to run an Lt4 charger, you may want get a gen5 5.3 engine, harness & ECU and run the adaptor plates on the intake.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Banned

Ahhhh gotcha. Hmmmm what about the ls9 blower from a zr1? Fairly sure it would sit fine on the ly6.

Quick Reply: LT4/LY6 - Newbie looking for some info.