General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

first time on here and also new 2 the ls series motors ive been ford powered for 10 years now and just bought a 2005 corvette heres what i done in the past 3 weeks it ran 8.60 eighth and 13.0 bone stock now i have a hti converter drag radials mounted on 17" c6 wheels a 200 shot with an independent fuel system the plate is made by nitrous outlet the car has factory air filters in it with absolutely no exhaust work @ all it runs 12.20 on motor and ran a 10.81 on the spray but waiting til after the 60ft to spray it Is this average for what i have done I also had the car tuned as well and im putting a shift kit in it tonight made by trans go
MY MAIN QUESTION IS EXACTLY HOW MUCH ET WILL THE CAR PICKUP WITH A SET OF 1AND 3/4 KOOKS STAINLESS HEADERS AND X PIPE IN THE QUARTER OFF OF MOTOR AND NITROUS THEY ARE 1300 DOLLARS FOR BOTH AND WONDER WILL IT BE MONEY WELL SPENT PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE TRULY APPRECIATED
Old 11-02-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LG Pros are the best headers for Vettes. Maybe take a look at them before you pull the trigger. Headers will definitely help and I would guess 20-25hp with a tune. A lot of $$ but then you already have it out of the way when you wanna mod more down the road.

Congrats on seeing the light and leaving the dark side
Old 11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the X-pipe and tune about 30 or so. X pipe is the way to go its what they use in Nascar. It creates a nice suction which sucks exshust from your motor alot faster then what Y-pipes and 2 seprate pipes would. Its more of a physics thing. I know for my car the whole exshust set with instlation and a tune would be about $1,100.