General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

An Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 05:12 PM
Launching!

Arrow An Issue!

It's a little hard to explain but I'll try it anyways.

It's not specific for which gear it does it in it could be 1st,2nd,3rd,or 4th but it happends i think when i floor it, w/e the gear i floor it in.

It's alittle hard to explain:

1. The problem is that when i floor it, lets say in 2nd, its accelerating, the speedo needle is going up but the rev needle goes up BUT it pauses and it kicks and goes back up again faster to catch up when it slowed down

also mechanically its not the same, when it does that(what i just explained), it jerkes every time the rev needle tries to catch up.

To summarize what it does when i try to go fast: im in 1st and flooring it but when it accelerates from 0-20 and then 20-30 it jerkes and kinda chokes up, then 30-40 it goes back to being the same. I shift to 2nd and the exact same thing happends.

It's not specific for which gear it happends in but it could happen in 2nd or 3rd or w/e depending on which gear im in when i floor it.

So please help me figure out wtf its wrong.

oh btw the car works perfect when i dont drive it fast and just normally.
Old 12-06-2008 | 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

slipping clutch?

mine did that when I had the stock LS1 clutch, off the line it was there but I couldn't tell, I just knew something was off, but since it only happened in 1st I wasn't sure. When it started happening in 2nd, I had a better clue but still couldn't confirm. It would still pass the 5th and 6th gear high load low speed test.

Once it happened in 3rd gear, I pretty much could now see it as clearly as you describe, I'd hammer it, and the needle for the rpm would "skip" and the speedometer would play catch up with the rpms in spurts. I never let it get any worse than that, in normal driving it was fine, but only happened under WOT.

I went to a LS7 and have driven it longer than the LS1 clutch and with far more abuse the LS1 could take. I still have the LS1 clutch in the garage and it was clear it had heat marks from the slippage. The material on the disc was still significant, but it just wasn't holding up to LS1 power.
Old 12-07-2008 | 04:21 PM
Launching!

That is really unlikely for me, because i changed my clutch recently. It's been like a month i think. So idk what it could be, maybe it needs tuning? idk

PLEASE HELP
Old 12-07-2008 | 11:20 PM
Launching!

please help, i dont think it is my clutch, b/c i just got a new clutch a month ago.

Any other explanation? anyone?
Old 12-08-2008 | 12:39 AM
Launching!

From your explanation, I'm guessing the motor is hesitating as you accelerate? Any codes? Maybe misfiring... just check all your filters, plugs, wires, and MAF to see they're all good I guess.