General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bad Connection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009 | 02:59 PM
Launching!

Default Bad Connection?

So about a month ago, I had some odd problems with my car whenever I would start it up, weird idle, dying, not starting. So I replaced the battery, and the car ran alright for awhile, now it's acting up again but with different symptoms. The car will only start sometimes. I turn the key, all the lights, and such turn on, but i turn the key to start the car and all the electronics shut off, and nothing from the starter, no clicking no nothing. so i remove the key and try again, this time nothing comes on, no electronics, no starter clicking, nothing. The dome light doesn't come on, the door locks don't work, it's clear nothing is getting power. If i let the car sit for any random amount of time, it'll start up. sometimes it's 30 seconds, sometimes it's a few days. I'm not sure where to begin and don't wanna dive in blindly, so any advice or solutions would be great.
Old 01-08-2009 | 07:40 PM
Launching!

nvm, fixed it myself.
Old 01-08-2009 | 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

what was the problem???
Old 01-08-2009 | 11:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nemss1
what was the problem???
for some reason the negative terminal on the battery was loose. I went to disconnect the battery to poke around and found that it was loose. I coulda swore I tightened it properly the first time. So now I'll just keep a wrench in the glovebox just in case it has a habit of coming loose.
Old 01-09-2009 | 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

good to hear man