General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

powersteering unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powersteering unit

I have a serious leak,now its starting to whine & hum. Any idea what the fix will cost$$ -parts & labor? How hard or easy would it be if I purchased the parts? I just purchased the car-2000 B4C Code. -thanks to all
Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure it is not leaking onto your alternator as it can take it out too. Turn One makes an AWESOME aftermarket piece but dont remember the cost.$250+/- IIrc but way better than OEM. Most units don't include the pulley so you will prolly have to switch that out... Sorry I can't give more detail...

http://www.turnone-steering.com/ls1.html
Googled them and this is what I would get. No price though....
Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit up the LSx classifieds on here, I just saw a post or two that are selling the racks/pumps/coolers/etc at a good price.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Make sure it is not leaking onto your alternator as it can take it out too. Turn One makes an AWESOME aftermarket piece but dont remember the cost.$250+/- IIrc but way better than OEM. Most units don't include the pulley so you will prolly have to switch that out... Sorry I can't give more detail...

http://www.turnone-steering.com/ls1.html
Googled them and this is what I would get. No price though....
Definately dont let it leak to your alternator, I had seen mine leaking, even though I just replaced it not too long ago, and wanteto clean it with some degreaser or something and just never got around to it and now the alternator took a dump along with my battery. I already replaced my battery like an hour ago cuz I needed to get home, now i need a new alternator.