General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2011 Camaro SS for 2800? Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Camaro SS for 2800? Advice?

Hey guys been a bit since iv posted...... Been working alot.....

​​​​​​So I was searching through Facebook today and ran across a 2011 as Camaro. It looks to be in decent ride but comes with a few issues....

Issue one ( I'm fully capable of handling ) The title is missing - iv bought plenty of cars without titles - I know a few title clerks who can straighten the title out ( as long as it is not stolen )....... I do my home work - I call tag offices - vin sweep - in the past iv even hired P.I ....... I'm covered in that area...... It appears the car was just tossed around due to a engine condition.... The guy who has it now said he pulled the engine and rebuilt it and decided to swap it into something else......
The owner has agreed to let me get a picture of his Driver's license and bill of sale..... I'm honestly not worried about it -

As for the car it's self.....

The interior is a 7 outta 10 looks aged but not abused......
The front bumper / clip is slightly bruised - ( guy claims it got scuffed up when loaded on a trailer )
Has 87 Thousand miles.
no motor - no transmission ( automatic )
He has had it listed a lil over a week - started at 3500 and moved down to 3 - I got him to 2800.

It honestly doesn't look like bad and the price seems super cheap considering it was a 6.2 Camaro.....
it almost seems to good to be true........
The car is located in Texas a out 3 hours from me.

​​​so my question for y'all is - what are somethings to look for in the structure build of the car?

​I'm thinking it has suspension or structure damage? One of the photos shows the steering wheel pointing at 1 or 2 but the wheels appear only slightly turned a hair..... Idk tho - no worse then my daily driver going down a slanted road....?

I'm also wondering if it might have rust......
​​​​​​it just seems to good to be true....... Then again I looked up the price of a new engine and it looked like 4k or more....

So considering everything - do y'all think this car is price fairly / about right or is it to good to be true - it seems low to me.....

Iv always loved the newer gen Camaros - never once thought about owning one - figured I would be out priced.....
Thanks guys - !
Old 08-18-2021, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Old 08-18-2021, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Old 08-18-2021, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Old 08-18-2021, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Old 08-20-2021, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Buy it - Looks good. Driver seat in great condition!!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Camaro SS for 2800? Advice?