General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

auto transport

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default auto transport

Anyone recently used a vehicle transport company? I'm looking for one to transport my camaro from California to Oklahoma. One that is reasonable and reliable is a plus.

Whatever happened to lsxtransport.com??

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,750 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by tkimrey
Whatever happened to lsxtransport.com??
They have been out of business for a long time.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just transported my truck from TX to MI. It's a extended cab 4wd 99' Sierra and it was $700. Was supposed to be $600 but since the trans had no reverse they charged me extra (even though he just had to roll back in neutral off the trailer ) Anyways, I used Cross Country Auto Transport out of Coconut Creek, FL. Beth Feldman was really helpful and nice! I actually went to a site where you put in all your info and it generates quotes from different companies and they happened to be the cheapest (warning! You'll have everybody and their brother calling you with quotes if you do it that way). They were the cheapest even with the $100 extra charge.

Also, the more flexible you are the better. These companies are brokers, they don't actually own the trucks. They put out an ad on a database where truckers can pick up contracts so it really depends on if there is a truck in your area or if there is going to be a truck in your area. Obviously the less you pay the less desirable it is going to be for a trucker. I did not know that. I was naive and thought I could call them and they could pick my truck up that day. If your vehicle is in the middle of nowhere then it will take longer for a truck to pick it up. I was right near Austin, TX so I had no problem with it. Hope that helps, PM me if you want.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input. The car is just north of San Fransisco about 30 miles or so. I understand the truckers not wanting to take the cheaper bids but I don't want to pay $1000 dollars either, hell I'll fly out there and get it myself for that (if I had time...lol)
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you didn't say if it is driveable or not. Honestly, if you can find the time you ARE better off driving it IMO. You are also talking alot more if you want an enclosed car hauler as opposed to an open one. However, I would imagine you can find one cheaper than $1000.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Car runs, open trailer is just fine, and I hope it's a car guy...lol