General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

TCS always on

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS always on

This is my first 4th gen and I actually tried a search before asking this.

I just bought the car which is a 98 formula M6 with 105k on the dash. The TCS light is ALWAYS on. I don;t think the car has any mods since it came from and older couple that had matching birds.

Has anyone had this problem that figured it out?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

It will automatically turn on every time you start the car. If you push the TCS light by the shifter the light should turn off on the dash. A quick way to test it is on a wet road away from people hit the throttle hard, if it's on the rear will vibrate almost like it's about to fall out of the car. If it's off it will spin in a rather smooth fashion.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Okay I thought the tcs was automatically on when the car was re-started each time. The switch is broken as in the traction control is always off. The car has a couple issues but for less than 5k I couldn't pass it up.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 AM
11 Second Club

I've had my car parked for the winter, but I was thinking that each time you start the car that traction control is on and no light on the dash is lit up for it. Then when you hit the traction control button, the light on your dash comes on that says TCF off.

Edit: I thought you meant that the light on the dash would go out lol. Yes, the light on the dash will come on and display TCS OFF. Here's a pic of mine

Old 02-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Hahaha. No the light never goes off. Ever. Lol.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoplightbandit
Hahaha. No the light never goes off. Ever. Lol.
So the switch has no effect on the dash light? You can't turn it on and off, it always stays on?

The reason I ask is because there is a logic module available that will reverse the stock setting. You pop the switch cover off and it plugs in behind the switch.

Stock setting is TCS always on (no light on dash) unless you hit the switch to turn it on, then the light is lit.

Reverse setting is TCS always off (the light on dash is on at startup) unless you hit the switch to turn it on, then the light goes out.

You might want to pry the switch cover off and see if something like this is plugged in behind the switch.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sle-63015
Old 02-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ghardester
So the switch has no effect on the dash light? You can't turn it on and off, it always stays on?

The reason I ask is because there is a logic module available that will reverse the stock setting. You pop the switch cover off and it plugs in behind the switch.

Stock setting is TCS always on (no light on dash) unless you hit the switch to turn it on, then the light is lit.

Reverse setting is TCS always off (the light on dash is on at startup) unless you hit the switch to turn it on, then the light goes out.

You might want to pry the switch cover off and see if something like this is plugged in behind the switch.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sle-63015
Correct. The switch has no effect at all. The tcs off lights is always illuminated.

I'll check it today. Thanks a lot. I don't hav a problem not have traction control, I just want to get the car up to 100%.

Quick Reply: TCS always on