General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Major problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major problem need help

I been having my car park and just. Got in ther trunk. And is full of water is like a mini pool and also got water on my right brack light. Need help with this where can this whater
be coming from
Old 11-04-2019, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 195 Likes on 156 Posts

Trunk rubber weatherstrip loose or worn?? Rear window glass not sealing to window frame sheet metal? Dry out the trunk completely and then get inside with a flashlight while somebody else sprays water from a hose. Checks for leaks while they spray.

Rick
Old 11-13-2019, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

You didn't say what kind of car so I will assume a Firebird or Camaro.

When you pop up the rear hatch there are two plastic trays at the rear near the tail lights. The holes in these can get plugged up with stuff. In my area it is hemlock tree needles. If those holes are plugged and can't drain the water that comes in through the gap between the hatch and fender, the water can overflow into the trunk area during a hard rain.

If it a different kind of car same idea, look for where the water/rain should be draining from the gap between the lid and the rear fenders.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

There are several threads on water leaks regarding the hatch and rear floor pan area, here is one such thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...tch-water.html

This might not be your exact problem, but there are further links contained within which might prove helpful for testing or research. You might want to spend some time searching the site for additional threads/links as well.

Typical leak points for standing hatch water seem to be related to the glass seal (near the spoiler), the tail light panel, or issues with the drainage holes at the back of the hatch channels (as mentioned above). There are other areas where/ways in which the hatch can also leak, but these usually result in water standing on the rear floor pan.

Quick Reply: Major problem need help