General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Flooded LS1 nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flooded LS1 nightmare

Howdy everyone. WARNING: this is greatly depressing yet there is light at the end of the tunnel, but if you can't handle the death of a great icon like the LS1, please shield your eyes now.

I was driving down Westheimer headed to work, cruising about 45 mph for some stupid reason while it was raining heavy. Heavy, even in Houston rainstorm standards. I began to hit pockets of heavy water that sprayed over my entire car so I slowed down and my car sputtered and ran rough but then continued to run well after a few seconds. I decided to slow the hell down to abotu 25 for the rest of the cruise. So i slow down to second gear around 2000 rpms and then i see a bright orange sign in the middle of the road and struggled to make out the words BEWARE road construction. Then....BOOM it was like hitting a brick wall, my car stalls and water starts pouring into my car. Apparently there was a huge sinkhole that i just sailed into. I tried to get out but the glass wouldn't break....i looked up and quickly undid the ttop and crawled out and jumped off the other ttop and out of the sinkhole. Then like a scifi movie, my car sank into the earth, never to be seen again ...

I then woke up immediately, sweating much like the other dreamer that posted yellow87 i believe was his name, and pissed off like none other. I peak out the window to see that my car was perfectly fine at the early morning hour. Thank god it was only a dream, which i had two nights ago and then today its pouring down rain and i had to go slow as hell on the way to work. Hopefully it will only remain a dream....
Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

lol that is no good, dude my heart sank when you were talken about watching your car sinking.. i hope that never happens to anyone..
Old 07-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Wow, that was definitly interesting. Too bad I don't have t-tops on my Hawk.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

talk about a nightmare.... God forbid this to happen to anyone in real life.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea...ummmmmm becareful when its raining... hope dejavu doesnt curse u
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Launching!

now, WHO IS THE U-BOAT COMMANDER!?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

That's not so bad... rather see my car sinking into an abyss than losing to a Honda!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dreams are wierd, I have a friend that is some what of a "player". Well last night I had a dream that he was using my name when hooking up with this girl. This random guy came up one night and kind of stared me down (her B/F I guess). Of course I pull out my bouncer mantality and said wtf, and he shot me 3 times. Last thing I remember was that the EMT told me I talked to much, then I woke up. Been kind of a weird day.

Dreams involving water are supposed to have some sort of reference, can't remember what it is, maybe you were thirsty .
Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

thats a scary dream man, at least most f-bodys have t-tops to escape from if you are ever in danger
Old 08-12-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bulletLS1
now, WHO IS THE U-BOAT COMMANDER!?
Risky Business